Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Just wondering

Author

RCCOLAMAN
Saving the world from thirst since 1905!

Member Rated:

What do you lads and ladettes use to shave??? (assuming any of you are old enough to do so).

Does anyone here like to kick it old school and pretend they're a barber by using one of these?  

Are any of you still using safety razors??

Or do you most of you stick with these dumb things

Feel free to share if you use an electric razor or secretly like to take a lady remington to your face!

12-14-10 6:16pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

A friend of mine just switched to a safety razor and is raving over it.  I'm contemplating it since I'm tired of spending a fortune on Turbo Mach Uber Quantum Mecha Mega Multi Blade razors.

My dad was an electric man, so I was one until I was about 30.  I had packed my old rechargeable Remington for a 3-week trip to Europe without the charger, but it switched on somewhere over the Atlantic, so it was DOA.  I went to Boots the Chemist by my old flat on High Street in Kensington and bought a Mach 3 since I had heard them talking about how great they were on Howard Stern.  The first time I took the razor to my face, my hand was shaking, but I ended up with the closest shave I've ever had.  While I'm not thrilled with the quality of those really expensive razors now, I'll never go back to electric.

12-14-10 9:21pm (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

12-14-10 11:29pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

I recently purchased a Gilette Phantom. The kind that run on a AAA battery and vibrate and are supposed to draw the hair up for a smoother shave. I don't believe the gimmick, but this razor was a dollar and a half cheaper than the other Gilette razor I use, which I don't remember the name of. The only downside was that the new razor did not come with an extra replacement razor on the back, so I really got hosed. It's my own fault though.

12-15-10 4:34am (new)

RCCOLAMAN
Saving the world from thirst since 1905!

Member Rated:

choadwarrior wrote:

A friend of mine just switched to a safety razor and is raving over it.  I'm contemplating it since I'm tired of spending a fortune on Turbo Mach Uber Quantum Mecha Mega Multi Blade razors.

You should definitely switch!  You can buy a pack of 10 double sided blades for 3 bucks or shell out close to 20 for a few Gillette cartriges.  It can be a bit difficult to find safety razors and blades in stores but any decent beauty supply shop should have them.

12-15-10 4:28pm (new)

ZMannZilla
Ex-Zombie Hunting Dad Creature

Member Rated:

Nobody ever really notices the closeness of the parts of my face that I do shave, mostly because my giant sideburns draw attention away from it.  Reference:

---
"He was cursed with a horrorshow of a face, like Guiseppe Archbold doing a study of mollusk tumors."

12-15-10 4:51pm (new)

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

I still use Gillette Sensor, either the 2 or 3 blade ones, with gel.

I've been thinking about getting one of those rounded razors I've seen advertised all over the damn place, can't remember the commercial name, but I'm lazy.

---
Kill Whitey.

12-15-10 6:19pm (new)

UncleTerwilliger
Softly, softly, catchee monkey.

Member Rated:

I borrow my husband's Mach 3-- razors for women are terrible and I hate bikini bumps.

---
Have you ever noticed how Massachusetts looks like a drunk Possum passed out against a dumpster?

12-16-10 5:52am (new)

UnknownEric
and the Goblet of Mountain Dew.

Member Rated:

I only use cheap electric shavers, because, when it comes down to it, I just really don't give a shit.  :)

---
I has a flavor!

12-16-10 8:26am (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

I use rabbits tears*, lathered into a paste using foxglove and essence of Danny DeVito, then applied to the face using a badgerstooth trowel and burnt off by the rays of the full moon. The best a man can get.

*Talking about the great carrot famine of 1489 usually helps in collection

12-16-10 4:33pm (new)

NooniePuuBunny
Horny Female Tentacled Kaiju from Outer Space

Member Rated:

I buy those silly pink things with the 77.5 blades to cut up  my kneecaps and ankles with.

---
I will rate you hard, and unendingly.

1-26-11 7:20am (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

I pretty much just use the shitty disposables when I haven't shaved for a few... um, let's just say days.  First I use my little buzz cutter thing to get the long hairs off, then I get the rest off my face with the disposable.  It never gets it very smooth, and frankly, I hate doing it, but you can't cover your face with pants or a hat.  As for my head, I usually buzz it close then use my electric razor to get it smooth enough.  All in all, it takes goddamn forever to shave my face and head, so whatever gets it done most quickly is best for me

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

1-26-11 3:48pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Just to be clear, you meant shaving the face, right?

1-29-11 4:28pm (new)

Beeko180
Overlord Procrastinator: Or will be in a minute...

Member Rated:

DragonXero wrote:

...As for my head, I usually buzz it close then use my electric razor to get it smooth enough...

I'd hope so...

---
You have my most solemn and honourbound of vows that clicking this link will not direct you to a youtube video of a rick roll

1-30-11 4:38am (new)

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Just wondering

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help